If I trigger the webhook manually it takes awhile to finish but it does finish. When the webhook is triggered via a push to bitbucket I get a timeout error. How can I increase the time allowed for the webhook to finish so I don't get this error?
Hi Gary,
Is this for Bitbucket Server (hosted on your premises) or Bitbucket Cloud (accessible at bitbucket.org)?
If that's about Bitbucket Server, you could try increasing this timeout:
plugin.com.atlassian.stash.plugin.hook.connectionTimeout
The default is 10000 milliseconds. See Bitbucket Server config properties for more details.
However, I would try to troubleshoot why the hook is timing out (i.e. what exactly is taking a long time to complete). The setting above only increases the connection timeout.
Cheers,
Caterina - Atlassian Support
Thanks for answering. I found a solution. The webhook needs to trigger a Jekyll build that takes about 30 seconds. I created a shell script that PHP executes and sends the output to dev null. The script continues in the background and everything works now.
Create a shell script that PHP executes and sends the output to dev null. The script continues in the background and everything works now.
Please make sure that you have whitelisted the bitbucket IPs. Usually webhooks get timeout because of firewall issue.
Could you share the script.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.