Im trying to run Bitbucket in Docker at my company for production. My machine is behind a proxy, which blocks almost everything, for security reasons. You know that you can authentificate with a proxy-user to access the www. I passed the user in the Dockerimage and the container is acutually able to connect with the www. But the Bitbucket-application is NOT. Everytime I start the server this coming up:
com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl Error when querying application info from MPAC: com.atlassian.marketplace.client.MpacException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to marketplace.atlassian.com:443 [marketplace.atlassian.com/52.2.89.223, marketplace.atlassian.com/34.239.16.84, marketplace.atlassian.com/34.205.61.250] failed: connect timed out
I tried to pass some JVM_OPTS via environmentvariables:
JVM_OPTS=" -Dhttp.proxyHost= -Dhttp.proxyPort= -Dhttps.proxyHost= -Dhttps.proxyPort= -Dhttp.proxyUser=-Dhttp.proxyPassword=-Dhttps.proxyUser=-Dhttps.proxyPassword="
but it didn't work.
In the Bitbucket bin/ directory, there is a script called "
_start-webapp.sh" (note the leading underscore.) There is a variable "JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=" in that file that you can uncomment and add your switches to. That gets called during the startup process and will set the environment the way you need it.
I would recommend not changing anything else in that file, even though adjusting memory settings is tempting. Before touching anything else in there, I recommend reading over some of the Bitbucket scaling docs.
okay I found the file and uncomment the JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS and added my variable like above= JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="JVM_OPTS=" -Dhttp.proxyHost= -Dhttp.proxyPort= -Dhttps.proxyHost= -Dhttps.proxyPort= -Dhttp.proxyUser=-Dhttp.proxyPassword=-Dhttps.proxyUser=-Dhttps.proxyPassword="
everytime I start the docker container with the new .sh the Contaier stops and says: no such file or directory.. i tryed it with and without the ""..
I added the JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS as a environemntvariable in my Dockerfile and it works fine now. Thank you for your help! Have a nice Weekend.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.