Hi!
Does anybody know how to show data, existing in field "Request type", coming from Customer portal, into any Dashboard? Cannot find this field in any Dashboard gadget. Maybe some hints are needed?
Kind regards,
Vladimir
do you mean "Customer request type". Try that.
I dont see column "Customer request type" in any Dashboard gadget.
I'm having the same problem. Looks like this is a feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1914. Go vote for it!
I don't see it in the project-level reports either. Mystifying since know the number of requests of a given type seems pretty basic.
I did think of a workaround which I also posted in the issue above. You can use Component:
* Create a Component for each Request Type
* Add the Component field as a hidden field to the request form for each request type and preset it to the right value.
* report off Component for now.
That's probably what I'll end up doing.
@John Price this is genius, worked perfect for me. Thanks for supplying this workaround!!!
If you want a free workaround do the following:
Create a custom field. (Call it something like 'Service Desk Request Type')
Create it as a Text Field (single line)
Now in your request type setup in your Service Desk, add the field into each of your request types.
Make the field 'Required' and 'Hidden' and pre populate it with the name of the request type.
This way each time a new ticket it logged, the Service Desk Request Type field will be stamped with the name of the request type for that ticket.
You will then be able to do JQL reporting/dashboards with this field.
Cheers
Phil
This is such a basic requirement for any service desk - the inability to get a volume of request type consumption that is scalable, ie without rigid statically defined report series, makes the service desk utilisation a big question mark in any organisation using JSM.
The above doesn't seem to work. After creating a custom filed (and creating an automation to fill it) it doesn't appear as an option for statistic type.
Hi @Alice Edwards , agreed, I don't think a text field will work. Try using single select. You might also try using labels.
got it working via the components solution above, just wanted to add the comment here so that other people can see before going down the rabbit hole of getting jira administrators to create new fields
*SIX* YEARS LATER... (actually, make it *ELEVEN* YEARS... the feature request is from 2015!!!) and this is still not possible.
From what I see, custom fields are not available on the dashboard statistics. And Request Type, for some reason, is a custom field internally.
I guess we'll have to resort to t above. OR, using the "custom counter" widget as suggested in the comments of the feature request.
The amount of code duplication that must exist in the codebase in this platform must be huge, given all the inconsistencies across.. everything. And it seems nobody has touched the dashboard or reports sections in years, because they are pretty limited and old-looking
I have provided a workaround below. Could you please review it and let me know if you find it helpful?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1369277804
Yes that seems to align with the workaround ideas suggested in this post.
Which Gadget in the Dashboards allows you to report the component field as a statistic for Request type?Thanks in advance!
Hi @daragh , I suggest you post a new question in the Community.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.