I have a requirement to define expressions using JQL.
I would like to reference a field called "Epic Link". However, this field name has a space in it which is causing confusion when processing the command.
The obvious expression to use would be something like 'Epic Link = "xxxx"'. However this returns an error which states "Expecting operator but got ‘Link’" which suggests that the space in the field name has been interpreted to mark the end of the field name.
So, what should I my expression look like?
I have tried the obvious things; putting the field name in quotes or brackets, substituting the space with characters like underscore, removing the space, but not had any luck.
The only online help I've found on this so far is at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-861257209.html#Advancedsearching-epic_linkEpiclink but this just lists the field names (including spaces) and tells me how to handle the contents of text fields but not the field names themselves.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Nick Cooper
(Note, My requirement is to filter data being pulled from Jira into another application - the JQL expressions are to be written in the other application so it is possible the application I'm using is not processing the expressions correctly. I have contacted the support team for the other application as well to check this.)