I want to setup a task i.e. Setup a new server.Under that task, i want to make sure certain jobs get completed like install AV, install Windows updates, set admin password.
How is this best handled in Service desk?
You can add Sub-Tasks for those actions and prevent the task from being closed unless all sub-tasks are closed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/preventing-issues-from-being-closed-while-their-sub-task-are-still-open-724928276.html
Thanks for your reply, i will look into the link. Much appreciated
Victor,
I cannot see a way to link the sub-tasks to the service request. I have setup the service request for the new saervers and the sub tasks but need a way to link them. I have setup your workflow as the link suggests.
Thanks
John
Hello @John Creighton,
How have you created sub-tasks if they are not linked to normal issue request?
To create it directlry linked to the service request, you just have to go to the normal jira view and open the issue, then click on more and press the create sub-task button. This will create a sub-task for the mentioned service request which is by default associated with it.
Hope this helps.
Victor
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.