I'm running JIRA over the cloud with different end clients having their own projects for issue management. Currently I've got users assigned to groups and then the groups assigned to project roles. When a project is created, I am using a project template that is tied to the project roles.
So what is happening...
When an end client clicks on the project listing, they can only see their project. Entering in another project they don't have access to doesn't show up in the autocomplete and as far as they know, there are no other projects. So this is working as expected. However, when they are on the issue creation page/modal, in the project dropdown, they are able to see all other projects.
I've tried fixing this in the Permission scheme, if I remove the project role from the Browse Project permission, the user can't see anything, not even their own project. I've tried adding an Issue Security Level, but that doesn't seem to affect the project drown down list, only who can see the issue once it is created.
Any advice on where to go?