I want to add a checkbox that when it's checked will perform a specific action, but will only do it once per ticket. Is there a way I can make it so users are unable to un check the box once it's checked?
You could extend your workflow by a transition that points to the original status. When pressing the button a dialog appears where only the checkbox can be set (and a comment, because the comment appears on every screen). When proceeding you are back to the original status. Now, to avoid that this transition is done a second time, a workflow validator checks if the checkbox is TRUE. So the transition will get 'invisible'.
It's important not to display this checkbox in any create or edit screen.
If you are on Cloud then you could do it without an additional add-on. You could create a transaction to change the checkbox and put the Value Field condition for the transaction.
If you are not on Cloud then I am afraid you need to use an add-on like Power Scripts or ScriptRunner.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.