This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Renaming a Page
I have Edit privileges on the page (and am an Administrator). But when I click 'Edit', it doesn't give me the option to edit the Page Title, only the contents. What are the possible causes why?
Here are some questions that would be helpful to know to try and figure out what is going on.
Do you see the title? Is it greyed out? Are there any wonky characters in the page title? Could you possibly post a screenshot?
Can you edit the title of any page?
Huh, apparently not. I'm sure I used to be able to do that. Is there a configuration setting somewhere that controls it? Or is it browser-specific (I'm on Safari)?
Can you create a page, save it, then edit it and its title?
No, oddly enough. And for the record, I have the same problem on Chrome.
The text appears in normal font. I can see it and select it, but not edit it. There's nothing unusual about the name.
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 3.23.15 PM.png
And you are positive you cannot edit it. If you click right after "Test Page" and hit backspace it doesn't change? There is no permissions setting in Confluence to restrict editing the page title.
I am having the same problem that started in last few weeks. It seems to occur when I copy a page and then try to edit title. I am able to delete but I am unable to type. If I save, I can then reopen and copy but I cant change title at first.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.