I am trying to create tickets automatically from emails. That is working properly. But, I am trying to add to tickets via email as well, but I can't find any way to add to a ticket, even if the subject line is the same, for example Order: 123456.
To preface this, I am trying to create tickets based on order confirmation emails, and shipping confirmations. So I get an order confirmation, use VBScript in Outlook to sanitize the subject line to just the order number, and then send it to Jira.
The ticket gets created as: Ticket 555 Order: 123456. But when I get the shipping confirmation, I sanitize the data to have a subject line of Order:123456 and email it to Jira, it creates Ticket 556 Order123456.
Any way I can get Jira to add that email to Ticket 555 without having the ticket number in the subject line?