I need a drop down field in a Jira ticket where the values are generated dynamically by shelling out to zookeepercli.
I have a custom scriptrunner field in a Jira project that uses groovy to call zookeepercli, take the results and use them to generate HTML. The HTML generated is a select tag which displays as a drop down. The field Template is set to HTML. The groovy script seems to be working as the HTML is generated with the correct values and renders fine when I go to edit a ticket.
My problem is that when I select a value from the drop down, it never gets persisted. There's no way to save. If I navigate away from the page and come back, the default value is displayed.
How do I get Jira to store the value selected from my dynamically generated HTML?
When I use the REST API to query for the value of my custom field, I get back the HTML code rather than the value I expect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.