I made a mistake.
I accidentally moved a Jira issue (with subtasks) from one project to a new project (ex. Project1-500 was the original issue key).
When doing so, naturally, Jira auto-generated a new issue key (ex. Project2-1).
I realized I shouldn't have moved it, since code is actively being developed against that issue and merged into our development branch. So I moved it back to the original project, but of course, Jira reassigned a NEW issue key (Ex. Project1-501).
From my reading it appears that there is no easy way to fix this and restore the orginal issue key of Project1-500.
If I search for Project1-500 in Jira (the original issue key), it does redirect to Project1-501, but how will this affect the developers' merges/branching? All of the subtasks (which they create pull requests from, merge into the branch, etc.) were renumbered when I moved the parent issue back.
Thanks!