Hi,
I've added the Apache POI dependency to my JIRA plugin in order to add the ability to create Excel spreadsheets.
I've been able to create a simple spreadsheet with data populated in cells using the HSSFWorkbook. But when I change my code to use the XSSFWorkbook (instead of HSSFWorkbook, all other code unchanged), then I'm getting the following run-time error:
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: javax.xml.stream.XMLEventFactory: Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxEventFactory not found
// Workbook workbook = new HSSFWorkbook(); // this works
Workbook workbook = new XSSFWorkbook(); // this gets the run-time error
Can this be some sort of jar conflict?
Here is the Apache POI dependency that I added to my pom.xml:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
<artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
<version>3.15</version>
</dependency>
I looked up the jar that has the com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxEventFactory class and it belongs to wstx-asl-x.x.x.jar ... do I need to add a dependency to this? Or add it to the Import-Package section?
Thanks in advance for any help!