I am using JIRA 7.1.6 and I want to use the IssueEvent class in my Java application. It seems as if I have to use the jira-api dependency in my POM but when I run a build it always fails with an exception:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project myproject: Could not resolve dependencies for project xx.abcde:myproject:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact jta:jta:jar:1.0.1 in Central Repository (http://central.maven.org/maven2/) -> [Help 1]
Here is my repository section of the POM:
<repositories> <!-- <repository> <id>Attlassian-Maven-Legacy</id> <url>https://packages.atlassian.com/maven-closedsource-legacy/</url> </repository> --> <repository> <id>Central Repository</id> <url>http://central.maven.org/maven2/</url> </repository> <repository> <id>Attlassian-Maven-External</id> <url>https://packages.atlassian.com/maven-hosted-atlas-external/</url> </repository> <repository> <id>Attlassian-Maven</id> <url>https://packages.atlassian.com/maven/</url> </repository> <repository> <id>Attlassian</id> <url>https://maven.atlassian.com/content/repositories/atlassian-public/</url> </repository> <repository> <id>Attlassian-3d-Party</id> <url>https://maven.atlassian.com/3rdparty/</url> </repository> </repositories>
Even when I try to include the JTA dependency manually:
<dependency> <groupId>jta</groupId> <artifactId>jta</artifactId> <version>1.0.1</version> </dependency>
...it doesn't help.
Using https://maven.atlassian.com/webapp/#/artifacts/browse/tree/General/maven-closedsource-legacy/com/atlassian/jira/jira-api/7.1.6/jira-api-7.1.6.jar shows us, that the dependency exists and I can find IssueEvent in the JAR.
So my question is: How can I achieve it using jira-api to finally use the IssueEvent class?
I found out that I have to exclude the JTA dependency used internally in jira-api:
<dependency> <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId> <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId> <version>${jira.version}</version> <scope>provided</scope> <exclusions> <exclusion> <groupId>jta</groupId> <artifactId>jta</artifactId> </exclusion> </exclusions> </dependency>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.