I think this used to be simple, but with the awful UI makeover it seems to be impossible.
Hi Robert,
When on a page in Confluence Cloud, you can click the three dots in the top right, and select the option Attachments. This will show you the list of attachments on the current page.
I've compared this with the earlier version and it doesn't appear this process has changed. So, if you were referring to a different feature, could you let me know what you used to do so I can let you know how it's changed?
Regards,
Shannon
I don't want a list of the attachments, I want to search their contents.
I don't remember how I did it with the old search UI. The new search UI has an option to search the current page, but it doesn't appear until I enter a simple search string, which navigates away from the current page.
Robert,
When you are typing a simple search term, it takes you to the Full Search which still functions as it did in the previous UI. I tested this on both the Server instance which has the old UI and the Cloud instance which has the new UI, and both require a full search before being able to restrict to the current page and search attachments specifically.
You can compare here:
Full search The full search allows you to search all content in all spaces (site and personal), personal profiles, attachments and space descriptions, or filter the results to show only what you're after. The search will also look at the content of the following types of attachments: Word Text PowerPoint Excel PDF HTML
The full search allows you to search all content in all spaces (site and personal), personal profiles, attachments and space descriptions, or filter the results to show only what you're after.
The search will also look at the content of the following types of attachments:
If you are looking to search the content of attachments, then you will still need to use the Full Search as you were using in the previous version of the UI.
It seems that either you were doing this previously, otherwise, is it possible you were using an add-on to facilitate the search?
1. I'm on a page with 50+ PDF attachments.
2. I click the magnifying glass Search icon and enter "theme," which I know occurs in only three of the PDFs. I get two hits, neither of which is right, and a link Search for 'theme' (EXCUSE ME? That's what I just did.)
3. I click that link, am navigated away from the current page, and get three pages of results.
How can I narrow those results to only the page from step 1?
I was trying to do the same thing, but with 950 page attachments. It seems that for me, setting the "with parent = current page" filter, I didn't get any results returned. Also, I wanted to create a search button on the page that would search the page attachments for the general public to use, and I didn't want to instruct them to take this extra step.
What I ended up doing instead was to add a label (e.g. "my_page_attachment" to each of the attachments on the page, and then I used the livesearch macro, with the restrict to label option set to "my_page_attachment". Since the label is unique to just the attachments on that page, the search returns only those attachments, without the user needing to add additional filters after the fact.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.