I am trying to determine if changes to any text which is included into a page from another page (via Include Excerpt) will trigger a watching event and send an email?
I would seriously doubt it. The page itself is not changing (no new version created) when the source text is updated.
Bill is right, the "page changed" is fired by the user saving a change to a page. Not a change to what the page might include.
Thats what I thought - I have a requirement to send an email when a page changes - but everything on the page is and include excerpt. The changes are being made on the sub pages - not the main page -
Will have to think of a new way to met the requirement.
And receiving emails when the source page for the include changes is not sufficient?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.