I've done 100's of searches on this topic - and maybe I'm just not approaching the query the right way - or maybe what I want isn't doable.
We've been using Jira for 2-3+ years now and our workflow and project planning process has been [very] slowly evolving, but I'm still not happy..
I understand that we can sort of make use of components & labels to structure our issues to a degree. And we could create epics for pages.
Hopefully this wordy/vague information makes sense so far.
I sort of envision a project structure that works like:
Components: Frontend, Backend/PHP, Database, Server/Hosting
Pages: Home Page, About Us, Portfolio, Contact Us
Epics: Implement new complex slider on home page
Stories: Create rotator frame and overlay
Sub-Tasks: Implement frame with XXX requirements, implement overlay with XXX requirements
Tasks: Some misc. task that's too small to be a story & doesn't necessarily fit in a grouping
The part I'm missing is the "Pages" - I've tried using labels as pages, we've tried using Epics - which just becomes a backlog, more or less.
Is there a constructive way to do that?
The biggest issues we keep hitting/are trying to solve are:
1. We want to group all tasks related to Frontend > Page to be grouped together. Then, sub-group those items by Frontent > Page > Feature (and same for backend)
2. By grouping this way, I'm hoping we can easily get a view of related tasks without getting a list of every epic/story/task in the project
3. In my mind, this helps create a top-down heirarchy that works similarly to a sitemap, where we can just drilldown only to relevant information without creating 100 filters to search tasks