I have a simple groovy class that helps me deal with Insight object attributes. There is some amount of boilerplate code that is needed when dealing with objects, e.g. in automation when setting an attribute value based on other attributes.
The problem is the class must be inside the same groovy script in order for it to function. If I put it in an external file, the import will obviously fail since groovy does not know where to find the file.
Is it somehow possible to import classes directly from groovy files and use those classes in Insight automation groovy scripts (without compiling them to .class files)?
It would be best if we could import classes from within Script Runner's scripts directory.
Here's an example of using that class in automation:
import SimpleInsightObject
def obj = new SimpleInsightObject(object)
// Compose a new id based on two object attributes.
def id = obj.get("Attribute A") + " " + obj.get("Attribute B")
// Set the value of the "Id" attribute.
obj.setText("Id", id)
When I have a lot of automation tasks that deal with objects and their attributes, using such a helper class simplifies things greatly.