Confluence is using the H2 embedded database. You should migrate to a supported database to ensure your data is safe.
i want to stay on embedded db, but confluence told me error something about healty db.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/embedded-h2-database-145098285.html
This article don't help me. What should i do for correct working on embedded database without difficult actions?
Hi there,
the embedded database can fail any time, it's not as secure as MySQL. It's just a basic DB for testing purposes. When your Jira instance grows you'll experience performance problems as well.
I'd definitely suggest to use a separate, proper DB for production use and set up a backup solution for it.
I hope this help, let me know if you have any followup questions.
Since you appear to have a starter license I am assuming your instance is not huge. All you need to do is install the same version of Confluence, using an external database, and then import an XML site backup from your instance that is currently using the H2 evaluation database. @Sergei Cherevko Please see Migrating to Another Database for more Confluence db details.
Okay, thank you for the answer, how to migrate to another sql base? which is very simple solution?)
Hi,
this should help you getting started: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-a-database-938846850.html
Ideally, it's perfectly fine to start with H2 and then move onto something more permanent.
Just as a last thought: your DB can be on a different machine but H2 is always in the Jira folder on the same hard drive.
Oh and this one:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/switching-databases-881683194.html
I created another database on Microsoft SQL Server. I connect to this server with domain windows account. (I add the linux computer to AD) I use connection string : jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://XXX:1433/confluence;domain=XXX
Test passed succesfull and it's freeze. What i do wrong? Empty page (( please help
Hi Sergei,
These are the first things that come to mind.
Alternatively, what do the Atlassian logs say? Any errors?
Where I find logs? I do default install to Linux machine (ubuntu server) in home directory?
I hope this helps:
If you are on Linux or Solaris
logs/catalina.out
Taken from here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira063/where-are-the-application-server-logs-683542381.html
There should be some sort of error in cataline.out
you can use
tail -f catalina.out
(in the relevant directory) when restarting Jira, or just scroll manually until you find some errors.
hi @Sergei Cherevko,
To answer your question: you can definitely contact Atlassian. It's part of the service.
However, first I would check if there is a network issue (port closed maybe) because Synchrony is quite sensitive to network issues.
There is a whole page at Atlassian, dedicated to this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/collaborative-editing-and-synchrony-troubleshooting-858584399.html
If you have strict network policies, you might have to disable collaborative editing altogether. It wouldn't be ideal though, as collaboration is a big selling point.
I hope this all makes sense, not just to me.
Cheers,Krisz
_________________P.S.: if you find my answer useful, would you please consider accepting it. It helps a lot, as I'm going for the high score.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.