I've been working on a project for a year and a half. recently we decided to use Large File System to handle our repo which was creeping up to 2gb.
We followed the instructions using the BFG tool to use lfs. However once complete the repo grew to 2.5 gb. I tried following instructions for aggressive gc and prune command, but that hasn't resulted in any size improvement. The problem now is that we are locked in read only mode.
The instructions had making a bare copy of the repo. I would like to restore this repo so we can at least get out of read only mode. However, I can't git push --force on the bare repo because the system is locked out.
I'm wondering what can be done to get back to the 1.9gb repo again so we can see about trying another way to reduce the repo size.
PS: My git fu is ppor. Any help with explicit instructions and how it works would be very helpful. At this time I'm browsing google for potential solutions, but nothing has worked so far.