Hi
We made a deeper analysis of the average age chart because old historical values are constantly changing. You would expect to see a trend, in our case per month, but if previous months are changing all the time it is quite useless.
When investigating I can't even get the current month figures to be correct. Does anyone know the JQL behind the scenes?
For example our Average Age Chart now say that we in January 2018 have 305 unresolved issues. If I use the same filter and add the "AND resolution is Empty" I get 283 issues. Same if I try with "resolved is Empty" or "resolutiondate is empty". If I instead add the "AND resolved >= 2018-01-01" I get 32 issues, so if it would count all unresolved PLUS the ones resolved in January it still doesn't count to 305 but rather 315. So how the heck does it come to 305 unresolved in January???
It gets even more wrong if I try to sort out the previous months figures since I don't understand the mechanism behind. Can anyone help here?