I can only find how to add fields to the issue edit screen. How do I get these some fields to show on the issue view screen?
The same way you get them on the issue edit screen - go to the screen that is in use for "view" and add them.
I figured it out. Never getting fixed.https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-2997
How do I figure out which screen its using? we have multiple projects and teams
Go to project admin and work your way down through the "issue type screen scheme"
I'm still not understanding what I'm supposed to do. I'm completely lost.
You need to add them to the 'view' screen for the issue type. If you don't have one it uses the 'edit' screen. start here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/issue-type-screen-scheme-868982924.html
What if you want to remove the buttons? Will I need to do some configuration to remove / edit the buttons at the top (i.e. Status buttons).
The "status buttons" are the workflow. To "remove" them, change the workflow so that the transitions are not there, or not usable. (Pretty much makes Jira pointless, but I assume you've got reasons)
I want the users to go through the workflow via the workflow button. I want to keep the same transitions, but I don't want the transition buttons next to the workflow button. That's redundant. Instead I want to add a backlog button. So how do I remove the workflow buttons but keep the workflow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.