Hi There,
My open issues are appearing with a strike through on the agile and sprint boards. Each issues "Resolution" state is listed as "unresolved". How do I remove the strike through?
rebs
Two things - remove the data that breaks JIRA, then repair the broken ones.
This is a very common issue. "Unresolved" counts as a resolution. Basically, you need to make sure that the Resolution field is only set in a transition screen to a Resolved status (or equivalent).
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95752
I sense the frustration from having to answer that same question over and over. It seems that every single JIRA admin has had that issue at some point. There are no good reasons to set a resolution anywhere but in a transition. I wonder why Atlassian doesn't just restrict the Resolution field and make it special like status, in the sense that it's changed through a transition and not an edition.
Interesting enough, there are tickets that have the same resolution state (unresolved) that do NOT have the same strike through.
Agile Board.jpg1346 Ticket_WITHOUT a strike through.jpg1345 Ticket_with a strike through.jpg
Like Nic says, you have a resolution that's literally named "Unresolved", while JIRA displays "Unresolved" where there is no resolution. It's sneaky.
I'd have gone one further and dumped resolution as the "how do we know it's done with" question. If you care to search (although it's really boring and repetetive, so I wouldn't), you'll find my whinging on the subject going back at least 8 years
Those issues are properly unresolved, rather than unresolved.
That is, the ones with a strikethrough are resolved, because you've put something in the resolution field. Doesn't matter that the word you have used is "unresolved", the field is filled, therefore the issue is resolved.
The unresolved ones without a strikethrough are unresolved because the field is empty. JIRA is displaying unresolved because the field is empty and it wants to show you something other than a blank space.
Thanks for the posts on this, it did help me figure out the reason for the strike-through's on my project.
So to clarify, if you have ANYTHING in the transition post function at any status, including "Unresolved”, it looks at the fact that SOMETHING is the field, and considers it resolved and strikes through the issue ID.
I noticed this specifically on the ALL status transition post functions that I have to create a post function for Resolution to be “None”, even though it still shows up on the issue and in search queries as "Unresolved".
The trick here is that one is real, and the other is false - and it IS sneaky, since you can't tell visually if it's actually EMPTY or UNRESOLVED - because they both say “Unresolved”. I know that Atlassian says this "isn't a bug" and it's "tricky" but this feels like a bug to me. The work-around is to do a query to find these issues, change the status, change it back, and Wa-La, it removes the strike through.
query:
resolution != EMPTY and status not in (Closed, Complete, Cancelled, Done)
Is it possible to make it more flexible and to turn off the relationship between resolution and strikethrough formatting? It's just another silly field that somehow got marked as an important relationship.
No. It's hard-coded throughout.
In fact, just being able to turn it off would make things worse, as we'd all end up asking every user about that flag as well as all the current stuff we have to.
"Resolution" really should be thrown away as the "done" flag. If I had any control over Atlassian's development of Jira, I would be looking at a couple of ways of doing it, neither of which are remotely based on resolution.
I like the resolution field, I like that it is a way to say "briefly, we reckon this is done because...", but it's now the wrong place to look at. I want a set of relative groups of "done" status, with one group defined as absolute. It should be status that says "done", with resolution saying "why it's done"
Yes, I agree, thanks.
Get the same problem after having set a resolution field set to "unresolved" into the CSV import.
Ran again the import with the field set to <<!clear!>> solved the problem
Why ?? This is the default resolution for new issues/sub-tasks why is this a resolution for something that is still set as TODO. Seems like Atlassian is to blame here and should fix this as its still an issue in 2019.
Or we could just use the software as it is intended to be used, and not set the resolution field until the issue is resolved.
Hi
I don't set the Resolution field itshelf, But when i create a ticket. I see the field is present.
even when I close the ticket it says Unresolved.
How to fix it.
.
No, you have the same problem that has been described above.
An inexperienced admin has added "unresolved" to the list of resolutions and then made it worse by using "unresolved" in that post function you've shown us.
You need to do three things:
Edit that post-function (and any others like it), so that they "Clear the resolution field". If you hit edit on the left, you'll see it offers a select list of all available resolutions, with the current one selected, scroll up right to the top of the list and select <none> instead.
Go to your list of resolutions and rename "unresolved" to "do not use this resolution" (or "broken resolution" or anything that tells people it's broken and they shouldn't be using it)
Search for "resolution = 'do not use this resolution' and status in (<all status you consider to be open>) - you'll want to think about getting them unresolved.
I'm been struggling with this issue for 5 years and finally resolved it thanks to this thread!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.