Hi,
I'm using JIRA 7.3.8 Server, set to German as the main language. I customized the initial step of a workflow to validate that (globally optional) fields are not empty when entering a task. The "Universal Validators" work for Description, Affects Version/s and Environment, but not for Components.
- On the "Universal Validators" screen, there's a dropdown (Click here to insert a field name!). That dropdowns does not contain Components, but it does contain the other three fields I check.
- When I manually insert the German name of the field - {Komponente(n)} - then I get a JIRA syntax error. If I use the English term - {Components} - then JIRA accepts, but still doesn't check that field.
My non-working validation expression is as follows (Aufgabe is German for Task):
({Components} != "[]") && ({Issue Type} == "Aufgabe")If I change the !="[]" to !="", then the validation always fails, even if I have a component set.
Here's the related validation expression that does work for Affects Version/s:
({Affects Version/s} != "[]") && ({Issue Type} == "Aufgabe")
Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
Regards,
Karsten Silz