Hi,
I'm relatively new to configuring JIRA and having researched the forums, haven't quite sorted out where to do what I'm trying to do. Here are the two things that I need to accomplish:
- When the Remaining Estimate on a Worklog is increased, send an email.
- When the Remaining Estimate on an Issue is changed, send an email.
I believe I know how to handle the change on the the Issue, however, detecting when the field on a Worklog is saved, seems to be the challenge.
I have these questions regarding Worklog.
First, what is the recommended practice for this? Workflow post-function or Scriptrunner Listener?
Second, would you have sample code? I've found the Worklog manager that seems to be the correct object, but I'm struggling to understand how to access just the current Worklog that is being saved/created.
Edit:
Updated title. Also, one clarification, I'm aware of the Issue Worklog Updated Event. I would use that but we only want emails when the Remaining Estimate is changed and don't want emails when other fields on the Worklog are changed.
Edit 2:
We use Tempo with Jira 7.3.x server/standalone.