I want to have different work flows for different issue types for instance "issue type - Bug" will have a different work flow and "issue type - enhancement" will have a different work flow.
Is it possible please?
Yes, you can have different workflow for different issueTypes. Using workflow schemes. Map the workflow scheme to the project.
Please go through the documentation here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-workflow-schemes-802592719.html
I looked at that article, but I don't think so that detail will because the question is can a project have multiple workflows. My project has 3 issue types, so can I have 3 workflows? when the user selects enhancement as one of the issue type the workflow should be different from issue type bug.
I think you should have another read of that document.
Workflow schemes are exactly what you need here. They say "for issue type X, use workflow Y, for another issue type use workflow Z".
Yes you can, https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira060/configuring-workflow-370705895.html?_ga=2.127789773.1548860787.1575277088-810948445.1574748026#ConfiguringWorkflow-Creatingaworkflow
Hey Chandra C,
I had the same confusion, please follow these steps.
1. Create a workflow for bug and enhancement separately. It will be in the inactive status. Don't worry.
2. Now go to the workflow schemes of your project.
3. click Add workflow
4. Select the workflow for example: Bug_Workflow which you have created in the above steps and now select and proceed it further and there will be a section to map the new workflow with the issue type.
5. Similarly we can do for the enhancement aswell.
Hi John - I'm trying the steps you suggest but with no luck. The Issue Type I'm working with doesn't show up in the list in your Step #4. Do you have to be in a Company-Managed Project for this option to be available?
I am sorry that the answer you got before was misleading - it was generated by an AI that has no understanding of your question or Atlassian software.
Company-managed and team-managed projects are totally different.
Yes, you need to be in a CMP, and to use different workflows, use the "workflow scheme" to associate different issue types with different workflows.
For TMP, you can define different workflows for each issue type, by going into the issue type (and fields and views etc, TMP config is mostly local to the project)
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thank you so much for your response!! But, hmmm... I'm not seeing how to modify the workflow for just one issue type.
When I'm my Team Managed Project, I select Project Settings, then Issue Types, then I select the Issue Type I want to modify, and then I select "Edit Workflows". On the workflow screen it indicates in the upper left hand corner little icons for each of the Issue Types for which the Workflow applies (in my case, it shows four icons for each of my four issue types). On this screen I see no way to update the workflow for just this one issue type.
This must be a case of user error - but I can't tell what I'm missing here. Thank you!!!
thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.