When a person is the Assignee, that person becomes listed as the Closed By person when the ticket is closed, even if someone else actually closes it. How to fix this so a person's name shows up as closed by and not the assignee's name.
How have you implemented the "closed by" person functionality you are describing?
Not sure how it was done as someone had implemented it. Where should I find that setting?
I can't tell you. I don't know what you've done to do it.
At a total guess, it might be a custom field. Go to admin -> custom fields and have a look for it there. What type of field is it? This should get us started.
Thanks Nic for your help. I did check under custom fields and the field "Closed By" is showing up there. The type is User picker (single user).
Ah, I see.....On "close" transition, i see the post-function as
"Copy Value From Other Field (JSU)
* Copy Field: Assignee to Closed By , overwrite"
How do I fix this? Should I just get rid of post function or edit?
From your description, I suspect you want to replace the post-function - I am not sure if you have a post-function available for this, but it sounds like what you want is "set assignee to %%current user%%". That will record the person who clicks "close"
Yes, what I want is "set assignee to %%current user%%. where should i make that change?
There is a post-function for "update custom field" which is in one of the standard add-ons I usually use. I can't remember which one (hopefully JSU!). You enter the text %%current_user%% in the "what to set it to field". (Might also need to be upper case)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.