I'm using Bamboo OnDemand and I'm having trouble getting Agents to start when using Images (AMI). I've created a custom AMI which has Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, Python etc installed. When I use Bamboo to create an Elastic Instance with this AMI, the Instance is created successfully, but the Elastic Agent doesn't start (sticks on pending for more than 15 minutes).
I've also tried using the standard Ubuntu 12.10 AMI to see whether my custom AMI has broken something, but the problem is the same.
Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this or solve it??
Thanks
EDIT:
Thanks to all Przemek's help, I've managed to get a custom ubuntu-based AMI working with Bamboo. Mostly. I can start the Instance through Bamboo, but it won't start the Elastic Agent on that Instance. I have to SSH into the Instance and manually start the Elastic Agent with:
sudo su - bamboo
bamboo-elastic-agent
I've been trying to get that process to run via the Startup Script setting in Bamboo's Image Configuration:
#!/bin/bash
xterm -hold -e "sudo su - bamboo && bamboo-elastic-agent"
fi
But that doesn't seem to work. Is there anyway that I can get the Startup Script to start the Elastic Agent instead of me having to SSH in and do it myself?!
Once I manually start the Elastic Agent, then I am able to successfully run my Django tests through Bamboo and see the test reports.
EDIT 2:
All is now working 100%. It seems I hadn't correctly copied the contents of the bamboo-elastic-agent startup script into rc.local. However, I now have a working AMI with Ubuntu, postgrsql, python and my production environment installed and working correctly with Bamboo. Thanks to Przemek for all his help.