I'm running JIRA on a closed network (no internet) as a VM on ESXI 6.0. When I built the VM it was on the internet and was set for http://localhost:8080. After moving it to the VM on the closed network I connected locally using that URL and then changed the URL to be http://10.2.34.77:8080. I can't access JIRA at that address either locally or remotely. I updated the server.xml file to change localhost to 10.2.34.77. I'm using postgresql as the back end and I edited the pg_hba.conf file to allow 10.2.34.0/8 to login using md5. Also localhost access for 127.0.0.1/32 and the equivalent IPv6. I can still log in as localhost:8080. Where should I look next?
If you can still log in from the server on localhost:8080, then we know it's running. This means there is something on the network blocking access on 10.2.34.77 or that the address is incorrect.
Thanks Nic, I'm checking all of that now.
Nic,
Thanks, it was my fault. I updated the runtime firewall settings and didn't do the copy to permanent. After the restart it went back to the defaults.
Good thinking, I appreciate your help.
Tom
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.