New to JIRA.
Can anyone explain why epics have both a Name and a Summary? I find myself always making them identical.
Edit: Never mind, I found this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Epic-Names-vs-Summary/qaq-p/24899/jump-to/first-unread-message
Thanks!
Epic name is what you see in the "Epic Panel" on a scrum backlog and also Epic name is used as the "Epic link" in the linked story. Whereas Summary is just the normal JIRA field.
Thanks. I'm just still not sure why you would want those things to be different....
Hi,
I know the difference but I always give for both the same name. Can I remove from the screen the Epic Summary? When I clone an Epic I find really annoying to change the two fields. I forget to change the summary.
Did you try to remove it?
Thank you and beste regards.
Mari
What is the point of having two fields? I've seen two cases so far:
Is there a valid use case for having two different names for the same ticket, where it also doesn't cause confusion?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.