So, Atlassian has stopped offering support for paying customers...
Product: Confluence. Self-hosted.
I'm trying to set up a new Windows 10 installation of Confluence, and after battling with the MySQL DB requirements I've hit the wall again.
The installation is a local on, on Windows 10 64-bit. I'm trying to connect to a remote MySQL server.
After solving the MySQL griefs, confluence just failed with a generic, uninformative error page after setting up the database, at the moment I clicked the "Restore from backup" button.
Here's the page:
System Error
A system error has occurred — our apologies!
For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.
If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support systemwith the following information:
- a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
- a copy of the error and system information found below
- a copy of the application logs (if possible).
Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.
We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!
Return to site homepage…
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
Cause
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupPathsAction.execute(SetupPathsAction.java:41)
Stack Trace:[hide]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupPathsAction.execute(SetupPathsAction.java:41)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
at com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceLicenseInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceLicenseInterceptor.java:66)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
...
Referer URL
Unknown
Needless to say, I gave up on this and uninstalled, removed and reinstalled.
This time, the same error occurs again, but now it occurs when I try to test the database connection.