Hi all, I am tryng to understand why BitBucket in the server installation needs a External Database.
for example, for install a gitlab instance you dont need to have a database. So I dont understand why BitBucket needs.
Thanks.
Gitlab does require a database, but it just uses an internal one without asking.
Bitbucket lets you choose between external databases so that Atlassian are not re-inventing a wheel and allow you to use the one best supported by your organisation (often avoids having to worry about backups etc)
Thanks for the answer.
So, bitbucket let me use a internal Database, or I am not allowed to use a internal in the server version. Because when I was installing the server it only gives me the option to use an external (internal only for demo purposes) as you can see in the attached image.
The internal database is not suitable for production use - it can fail catastrophically without warning.
You should use one of the supported external databases for production.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.