I have a required field on a screen that is no longer needed. I remove that field from the screen. However now when creating new issues, that field is still required even though it does not show on the screen.
How can I fix this?
Hello,
You need set this filed not required in the project field configuration scheme. You can find more information here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/changing-a-field-configuration-844500798.html
Make the field optional in the field configuration, or remove it from the context for the project (the second one will destroy any data in issues the field was on)
Changing this field to optional worked. Thanks.
I am also having this kind of issue. Making the field 'optional' is not an option for me because on other projects, that field is a 'required' field and I don't want to make it an optional field for all associated screens.
I'm afraid you don't have any choice here. You either have to make the field optional, or include it on the screen so your users can set it. Those are your only options.
Mandatory/optional has nothing to do with screens. This is a flag you set in the field configuration for the issue type in the project.
Just use a different field configuration scheme for the project were it isn't required.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.