Hello,
I would like to know if changing the assignee in a post function using the value from a custom field that is in a different issue (and project) can be done. I was reviewing using JQL query (Execute a JQL Query), but I am not sure how to extract the value that is a user, and then use that value to set the assignee on the issue that is being transitioned.
Here's the case: I have a ticket that contains multiple users in multiple custom fields (i.e. AAA-1, custom fields A - Z). Then, I have several projects (BBB-ZZZ) and all of these projects use the same workflow. So whenever I perform a transition in these projects, I would like for assignee to be updated with the value from AAA-1 - Custom Field A. The situation is that user for Custom Field A in project AAA will be different every week, so the post function will always assign the issue in the post function to a different user.
Given this the following options cannot be used:
- Fixed user in the post function
- Project Role assignation
Let me know if there's a way to do this either with Script Runner or CLI Actions.
Regards,
Francisco Ayala