Hello,
I just took over administration for several Atlassian applications at my new job and one I am not familiar with is Crowd. I'm not sure why it was installed but all I can tell is it is not currently configured correctly. All our applications are on very old versions so I am currently upgrading them all.
Anyway our requirement is to connect applications to AD, have groups in AD like "jira-users", "confluence-users", etc and in AD add users to those groups and them have them be given access to those respective applications automatically without any intervention in the application themselves.
It this possible? What would be the best setup? Should we keep Crowd? I do understand that SSO will be possible with Crowd and we would like to have SSO. There are also many users who are currently in Jira's internal director and in Crowd. Is there a way to migrate/merge these users (some may be the same user).
Thanks