Hello,
We are in the process of migrating our Source Control from MKS Source Integrity to a local instance of GIT we are standing up. We have already migrated our workflows from MKS WorkFlow Integrity to JIRA which is hosted by Atlassian.
We are really new to GIT and are very new to integrating GIT into JIRA, and this change unfortunately causes us a lot of confusion at a time when we are also doing a lot of infrastructure changes. I am hoping someone can help me answer these specific questions:
1) If we host GIT ourselves, and Atlassian is hosting JIRA, are we able to use the FishEye plugin?
2) We have two development teams using different source controls (SVN, and soon GIT for our team out here). How can I set up FishEye to use GIT for our project in JIRA, but SVN for the other teams projects?
Below are my assumptions, and I'm hoping for someone can tell me if I'm close or not!
a) Go to JIRA admin.
b) Go to Plugins -> Application Links
c) Click Add Application Link
d) Put in the Server URL to your local GIT instance. It must be accessible externally for Atlassian JIRA to see it?
e) Go to menu Source Control
f) Go to FishEye Configuration
g) Here is where I get lost. My JIRA project already seems to have Entity Mappings associated with the other teams SVN instance through Fish Eye. How do I remove my projects association with their FishEye application link and instead use mine?
I realized I am making some assumptions here because we have not got our GIT instance stood up yet and I can only go so far throught he menus and documentations before hitting a roadblock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
Curtis.