This one is really annoying me - I hope it's a simple thing that I've just got wrong because it seems crazy to not be able to do this.
Here's the scenario: We've created a custom field called 'Root Cause'. This field is a drop down list and is filled out by the developer when they are transitioning the Issue from 'In Progress' to 'Resolved' [note: not the closed state, the one before that].
As such, we want this field to be mandatory on the screen used for this transition, and it can be displayed on the 'View' screen (when there is a value) but we definitely don't need it on the Submit/Issue creation screen. As such, I set the Root Cause field to be mandatory and removed it from the screen scheme used for the 'Submit' screen.
However, when I tried to submit the issue the validation flagged up that Root Cause was a required field....even though it isn't present.
Have I done something wrong or is this a known issue?