Hello,
I want to transfer a git repository over to a VSTS repository. Is there any tool out there that will let me do that. There is git-tf (explained here: http://blog.simontimms.com/2013/04/02/importing-a-git-repository-into-tfs/) but it fails to do the following:
* transfer original authors.* transfer original date and time.* transfer all branches.
I need a tool that does everything git-tf does plus all the above.
I don't think this is the right place to ask. Most of us would start with "why not use Bitbucket instead?"
+1 to Bitbucket
Hi Gibran,
There's always a way, although it might take a couple of steps.
Did you already find this page too in your initial search?
http://gbayer.com/development/moving-files-from-one-git-repository-to-another-preserving-history/
As for the branches, it'd be best to consolidate down to a single branch, then transferring. Once transferred, resuming your branching model would be best. I think if you tried to do all of this at the same time, you'd get into a spot real quick.
-Billy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.