first i try to delete the installation directory but i cann't delete it,then
i use the command
sudo uninstall
i get
sudo:uninstall:command not found
what's wrong and how can i uninstall it
Um, there is no "uninstall" program in Linux and removing a program is generally done with a package manager. But it depends on how you installed it.
I'm assuming you've installed "standalone" Confluence, which is a matter of
If you're struggling to delete the installation directory, then you need to investigate that - read the error message it gives you and fix that problem first.
If you installed confluence as a service then you need to remove the start script as well
sudo su rm /etc/init.d/confluence
hi, Nic i've stoped the processes and drop the database in MySQL,I forgot where the data directory is , besides when i delete the installation directory there is not error message it just no response ,and the atlassian folder icon has a lock on it
Assuming you're using Nautilus as your file manager here, you'll find the lock means "you don't have permission to do this". I'd guess you've installed confluence under a different user id - you'll need to swap to that user or change permissions on the folder using a process with root access.
Forgetting where your data directory, we can't help you with - you'll need to find it (look in your home folder, or that of the user you installed it as, to begin with). If confluence was running, you could just look in system info, but if you've dropped the database, I don't think it'll start up.
yeah finaly I used the
sudo rm -r confluence
command to delete it ,and thanks for your answers
I did not but have a picture captcha that will not let me win. please help me.
You don't get a captcha when using a command line to issue a simple remove command on a file. I think you need to explain what you're actually trying to do.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.