I have 25 Engineering teams that need to be able to create and work on tickets in JIRA. These teams work on both project and non-project work at the same time. I have created a number (5) of projects in JIRA, however, it seems odd to now have to still create 25 other projects in JIRA, when they really aren't project rather they are teams. I know that they need some "bucket" in which to attached their tickets / work to, however, I can see it get really confusing to differentiate as to what is a team and what is a project. Especially when it is never the case that a whole team work on a project.
Looking at the Angry Nerd example from previous post other people have made, should I just create groups instead? Can I still report on the velocity of a group? How would like work? A hard requirement is understanding team capacity and board assignment consolidation
Any help would be greatly appreciated!