Hello,
I have used Confluence at a previous employer's and LOVED it. I have now joined a very small company and have championed the idea of using Confluence here too. I have finally received approval, installed PostgreSQL, and installed a Production version of Confluence but now I'm stuck. Please note that I am not a System Administrator and had nothing to do with setting it up before, but am willing to learn from anyone who can help me!
I installed everything on a server in our office that everyone can access. I can use a browser to go to http://localhost:8090 while on the server PC and access Confluence. However, on my own PC which is on the same network, I tried using the server's IP in place of 'localhost' but can't connect. I get this:
This site can’t be reached
IP Address refused to connect.
- Search Google for IP Address
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
I have found the article Configuring the Server Base URL and see in Confluence where I can change it in General Configuration > Server Base URL, but how do I know what URL to change it to? If I edit it to be "http://<company_website_URL>/confluence" will this affect our website at all? And if I use that URL, will Confluence be private to only those on our network?
The article says: "If Confluence is installed to run in a non-root context path (that is, it has a context path), then the server base URL should include this context path. " How do I know if this is the case? I did the standard installation.
Okay, I'll stop asking questions for now - baby steps, right? Anyway, if someone could help me understand the next steps necessary so that I (and then others) can access our Confluence instance from other work PCs I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!
Heather