I'm using JIRA Software Server 7.6 and I don't get the option to enable the Kanban backlog. The configuration page for the board's columns does not contain a panel to enable the backlog
Hi Paul,
Did you or your JIRA Admin check the Add-ons to make sure that all the modules are enabled?
Which add-on do I need to enable? I've had a look and I cant see anything of relevance
I was asking you actually if you checked your modules. Let me check it for you.
Thanks, I've had a look and I cant see anything that needs enabling or anything that is enabled that looks like a Kanban backlog feature :-(
Click on ellipsis on your Kanban Board -> Board Settings
You will be able to see the Kanban Backlog and please follow this link for more details:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-kanban-backlog-856846180.html
let me know how it goes. I f it doesn't work I will be more than glad to help more.
I've been to the board settings and checked (as per the documentation) the columns tab but I don't see the area described as the Kanban backlog. I don't have the option to drag any status onto a Kanban backlog area to enable it.
(Sigh) I can see that on the screenshot. I have my personal Cloud account and that's how I found it.
I think you should open a ticket with Atlassian because the feature should be available on the version you installed.
ok, I think I will. Thanks for all your help mate
Hi Paul
Probably a Dark Feature is missing.
Go to the Dark Features System Administration Page:https://<yourserver>/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
Check your enabled Dark Features. These two Features need to be enabled.
When I had updated from Jira 7.2.1 to Jira 7.7.1, the first of these two Dark Features (kanplan.enabled) was missing and the Kanban Backlog was not configurable.
Hello Leonard, Paul,
Having the same problem as described above. Updated Test platform from 7.2 via 7.4 to 7.8, Kanban backlog works as expected. Prod platform directly from 7.2 to 7.8, Kanban backlog is not visible. Also not able to add a Sprint Goal to a sprint. Checked the Dark Features, they are identical to the screenshot above. What am I missing? Maybe a reboot of the Jira server?
Is there an alternative for the Backlog in Kanban Board in the previous version 7.3.8?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.