Can you please help me in getting Summary Data from JIRA using Groovy Scripting.
Hello,
Do you mean that you have Adaptivist ScriptRunner add-on and you want to get the issue summary in a post-function or validator? If so, it would be like this
issue.summary
Thanks for the above code Alexey.
yeah, I use Adaptivist ScriptRunner add-on.
Here I need to fetch summary from one Issue Type and display it in different Issue Type. For example - I need to fetch summary data from Bug and display it in Task Issue Type.
In this case, issue.summary wont get the required data.
the field summary is defined for the issue object not for issue types. Do you want to say that you want to copy the summary field from one issue to another? On what event do you want to copy it?
Yes exactly, I need to copy the summary field from one issue to another.
Let me explain you with an example, If i have linked issue type bug to Task, then i need to see Bug's summary data in Task type home screen. I hope i am not confusing you.
Jeevan, I don't have the time to write and test code for you. Here are suggestions to get you going:Take a look at the methods in IssueLinkUtil, probably getLinkCollection, to access the links for the Task issue.
Find the Bug issue by searching the LinkCollection. Return the Bug issue summary as the result of the scripted field
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.