Hi,
I'm interested to know what are the options when it comes extending JIRA Server without having to use official Atlassian SDK with Java.
I'm aware of few add-ons that provide scripting extensions such as ScriptRunner that uses Groovy and some other add-ons that allow to write Python and SIL (Simple Issue Language), however I would like to know if there are other options also available that I might have missed and should consider. For example is there something that targets JavaScript as the scripting language?
I would also like to know Atlassian's stance when it comes to third party add-ons that allow to execute arbitrary code inside JIRA Server. Whether they support such add-ons or prefer people using their official SDK? I just don't want to end up in a situation when I have invested heavily in some unofficial scripting solution and in the future Atlassian decides it's time to block everything that is not developed using their official SDK.