Hi!
I need advice.
I use built-in script "Send custom email": https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-SendCustomEmail
Event: Issue commented
Condition: issue.status?.name == 'New'
Subject template: Issue $issue was commented
How can I paste new comment in 'Email Template'?
Thanks for finding that Daniel... however I think that will fall over when there are no comments.
I have updated the sample template in https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail (Point 3).
Make sure you use the if, or if you don't, at least test it with an issue with and without comments in builtin scripts -> Send a custom mail (which is used for testing templates).
Hi,
simply adding the line:
$comment.getBody()
should "paste" the new comment into the email.
You should check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Velocity+Context+for+Email+Templates for more info.
no result
this listener works if i paste some constant text, but with this line - no
Sorry, it wasn't as simple as I thought.
try
<% out << componentManager.commentManager.getComments(issue)?.last()?.body %>
Found the answer in this comment.
I like this template, thanks
yeeeeeah
Thanks!!
Jamie,
How do you get the comment of the last transition - if any.lastComment is set, even if the transition didn't have any comment,so containing a comment which is not relevant to the transition.
Francis
Yeah... that's no good is it. Can you create a bug, I will try to fix. I don't think the email template has access to transientVars or event, to get the comment added on that transition.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.