This is what I am trying to accomplish: I have timecard charge numbers as a custom field define for all our epics. I am using arsenal dataplane to create a report for all team members that show the time they logged on tasks and subtasks. I would like to show in that report the charge code for the epic associated with the task. If you didn't follow here's another explanation of what I am trying to do: simply show the value from an epic custom field in a report that shows task information.
I think I can do this with scriptrunner custom field for a task that finds the parent epic and reads the charge number value. I would then have that information in a custom field associated with task that I can use for reports. I have created a custom field in scriptrunner for the task but can't figure out the script. Any help on writing the script would be greatly appreciated. If you don't use scriptrunner but know how to do this from Java API plugin I would love to see that code because that might be good enough for showing me how to do it. Thanks!