Hi all,
In Confluence, I need to change the existing four AD User Directories being used for authentication and create just a single new User Directory which points to a different LDAP where all the users exist but have completely different user names. Their first name, last name and email should be the same (with possible upper/lower-case differences). I don't find a REST API call I can make to rename users in Confluence, and can't possibly update all of the users manually.
After disabling the four current ADs and adding the new LDAP User Directory, if I just let the new directory synchronize, will it recognize all the current users and update them accordingly? Change their user name, their associated user directory, etc without having them lose any existing permissions or ownership of any objects?
If not, I would think then that the only way to proceed is to update the user's USER_NAME field in the CWD_USER table directly in the database (and possibly the DIRECTORY_ID?) and let the new User Directory synchronize. Any hazards to doing that? Jira and Bitbucket both have an APP_USER table and if that gets out of sync with the CWD_USER table, things go badly wrong. I am not finding an APP_USER table in Confluence.
Thanks,
-Greg
-