Our team is using JIRA Service Desk and it's at the latest version (3.5.0) as of this date, I've seen a post here saying that exporting customer list as .csv file became possible in July this year, yet I can't find the "Portal customers only" button when I navigate to "User management" section. Following is the link to that post:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/07/export-a-list-of-your-customers
Check and see if you have it in the main user search screen in the drop down where it likely is saying active users.
Thanks for the reply, but I still can't find the "Portal customers only" or the "Export user" button. Here is a screenshot of my "User management" screen.
Did you look under Application Access or status drop downs? I’m not on server so my view is different.
Is this related to the Server or Cloud edition of Jira Service Desk?
(I see that you linked to the cloud documentation, just double-checking...)
He mentioned 3.5.0 in the original question and the screenshot appears to be server. If you are on server you may be able to provide screenshot/instructions.
Yes, it is Server edition.
So, it's not possible to export user list from Jira Service Desk server edition?
You can use our app, the Better Excel Plugin, to export user accounts from Jira and it is compatible with Jira Service Desk, too.
It is not clear whether the "customer" in your original question is an actual Jira user. If it is, then it will work.
See the tutorial
(Disclaimer: this is a paid app and I am a developer.)
Yes, my "customers" are jira registered service desk users. Does your plugin export user list as excel file or .csv? or both? And why exporting user list is a built-in feature in cloud edition but not server edition?
To Excel.
Excel, however, has a built-in "save as CSV" feature.
Hi again,
I've watched the Get Started video of your Better Excel add-on, it looks amazing, but how much would be the price? Our team is running Jira Service Desk with 3 agents.
but how much would be the price?
The pricing is publicly available here.
is it possible to do something like:
Absolutely! Better Excel Plugin offers a public API that you can access from Groovy scripts (or Java code or any other language that can run on the JVM).
Thank your for the reply, I have one more question, It seems like I need to write a Groovy script as you suggested, how can I get the list of Organizations?, using either Groovy script, Java or JQL
You can easily send a REST call to the Service Desk API:
(There may be an alternative by using some in-process API provided by Service Desk, but approach outlined above should be the most standard and future-proof one.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.