Given an issue, can I write a JQL query that will return the number of times an issues has been rejected?
I'd appreciate it. Thanks,Chris Mazzochi
Hello,
It is not possible. JQL queries can return only issues, they can not return number of times.
Hello @Chris Mazzochi
Form your query it seems "Rejected" is a status. Basically JQL is used to fetch issues but it can't run aggregation/analytics on the data. You can query issue history using "WAS" / "During" / Changed keywords but it won't retrieve you the exact count.
You will need add-ons to achieve this.
If you have script runner then you can have a scripted field which returns this value.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessordef theStatus = 'Rejected'def changeItems = ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager.getAllChangeItems(issue)def transitionsCount = changeItems?.findAll{it.field == 'status' && it.getTos().values().contains(theStatus)}.size()return transitionsCount as Double
How about the number of rejections per user for a given time period?
JQL finds issues. It does not report on them.
You can create a scripted field as @Tarun Sapra suggested. You would need an additional add-on for it and do some coding but it is not connected to JQL. JQL just finds issues but you can provide information about the issues in custom fields.
Thank you. I will try this.
I am querying this data from Klipfolio though.
I forgot to mention that I am running these queries from Klipfolio. So the add on solution doesn't apply. I think the add on is for JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.