I've read on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html that Service Desk doesn't support priority schemes. This leads me to believe that I can customize the default scheme for use on my service desk and use custom priority schemes for all other projects that support them. Can anyone clarify or confirm this? Also, could anyone elaborate on why Service Desk doesn't support priority schemes?
After re-reading that page and confirming the actions on the server it seems that the behavior is rather counterintuitive.
Jira Software supports priority schemes.
Any new priorities created in the additional schemes are added to the default scheme.
The default scheme cannot be edited. You cannot rename or change the built-in priorities.
Service Desk only uses the default priority scheme.
This all leads to a ridiculous behavior. All custom priorites created and assigned to various Software projects are applied to all Service Desk projects.
Hello,
What is your Jira version?
This option is only available from Jira 7.6
JIRA Service Desk 3.9.1
JIRA Software 7.6.1
JIRA Core 7.6.1
Are you saying that the option to use the default priority scheme is only available from 7.6 or that 7.6 should be able to use custom priorities?
Thanks
Yes, It is from the version 7.6. But I guess that is the version you are using
It is still not clear to me.
We are using v7.6.3
I created a new Priority Scheme, but I can't link my Service Desk Project to that new scheme as the Jira Service Desk project don't support priority schemes....
JIRA Service Desk projects are hidden as they don't support priority schemes.
So, what is the suggested solution to modify the default priority without impacting the 700 other projects?
I also have the same problem. Cannot associate a custom priority scheme with my Jira Service Desk projects?
Hello
Is this going to be addressed?
Cheers
I did recently talk to Atlassian and I saw that in the next round of updates. So it's on the way unofficially, fyi.
Yet I was assured that it is working since Jira version 7.7.0
Please note Priority schemes for Service Desk were introduced in Service Desk 3.10 (which requires JIRA 7.7.0). You would need to upgrade your JIRA and Service Desk to these versions and priority schemes will get also applicable. Please refer to the Service Desk 3.10 Release Notes for more information.I've tested this and can confirm that priority schemes can be added to Service Desk project on later versions than 7.7.0 (I tried it on JIRA 7.8.1).So, this option will be available if you upgrade your JIRA instance.Let us know your thoughts and if you have any questions.
Please note Priority schemes for Service Desk were introduced in Service Desk 3.10 (which requires JIRA 7.7.0). You would need to upgrade your JIRA and Service Desk to these versions and priority schemes will get also applicable. Please refer to the Service Desk 3.10 Release Notes for more information.
I've tested this and can confirm that priority schemes can be added to Service Desk project on later versions than 7.7.0 (I tried it on JIRA 7.8.1).
So, this option will be available if you upgrade your JIRA instance.
Let us know your thoughts and if you have any questions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.