Hello all,
I am trying to make a PUT request for assigning an issue to a user and am running into a 400 error when doing the following:
PUT on <localhost>/rest/api/2/issue/<issue_id>
PAYLOAD: {"fields":{"assignee":{"name":"___"}}}
Alternatively, I have also tried with the following endpoint:
PUT on <localhost>/rest/api/2/issue/<issue_id>/assignee
PAYLOAD: {"name":"_____"}
And have gotten the same 400 response.
I already have my permissions set so that any logged in user can assign issues, so not too sure what the problem is. Have been doing POST requests to update an issue's status, and to add comments - those requests work fine, I just seem to be running into this issue with assignees.
Another strange problem is that if I make the following request:
PUT on <localhost>/rest/api/2/issue/<issue_id>/assignee
PAYLOAD:{"emailAddress":"____"}
This returns a 204, but assigns the issue to the logged in user, instead of the individual specified in the payload.
Any help would be appreciated - thanks!